This property is a traditional charming stone farmhouse which has been lovingly restored and extended over the years and comprises the owner’s home in the converted stables with 2 independent and self-contained gites which provide a regular income. Two other en-suite bedrooms with separate access also provide the possibility of further income from Chambre d’Hotes activities.
Set in 1 acre of grounds among vineyards at the foot of the Cevennes mountains, the property is situated in a quiet hamlet just outside the busy village of St. Christol-les-Alès in the Gard department of the Languedoc-Roussillon.
The Main House comprises:
- 290m2 living space
- Large sitting/dining room with real fire.
- A fully fitted study.
- Traditional and well planned fitted kitchen with breakfast area
- Reception Area leading onto a covered south-facing terrace with stunning outlook
- Separate WC and Utility Room
- Master en-suite bedroom
- 2 further en-suite bedrooms with separate access which may be used for Chambre d’Hotes accommodation
- A separate 64m2 spacious barn/garage has a workroom area, storage room and mezzanine level and could feasibly be developed into extra accommodation.
Two excellently presented independent gites – (One 1 bedroom and One 2 bedroom):
- Each gite has a fully equipped kitchen (oven, hob, microwave, good size fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and all the cutlery, crockery and kitchen equipment for continuing a gite business).
- The one bedroom gite has a large single bedroom and bathroom with shower, combined kitchen diner and a separate sitting area.
- The two bedroom gite has two good sized bedrooms and two bathrooms with shower, combined kitchen diner and a separate living room.
- If required most of the furnishings are available for purchase.
- Both gites have terraces for ‘al fresco’ dining.
The property features an attractive outdoor swimming pool on the lower level adjoining a landscaped garden and a large driveway leading to guest or owner’s parking areas.
The attractive upper garden is shaded by mature trees – a large oak and 2 fig trees.
There are 3 gateways, each adapted to access to main house, guest accommodation or parking area.
The busy local village of St.Christol-les-Alès has shops and services to cater for your every need; many are open on Sunday morning. The large hypermarkets and shops of Alès are a short drive away. There is a wide range of cafes and excellent restaurants in nearby towns and villages. Close-by are schools, colleges and lycees and there are several doctors and dentists in the village, and hospitals in Ales, Nimes and Montpellier.
St Christol les Ales is centrally situated, within 1 hour drive of so many places, the Cevennes mountains and the gorges, the Mediterranean, cities such as Avignon, Uzes, Nimes, Montpellier, Orange, Arles and Aigues-Mortes.
There are markets, vineyards, caves, rivers, and natural phenomena, and all within easy reach and there are endless possibilities for days out, beaches, swimming in the river, canoeing, walking, cycling, bird-watching and horse-riding, not to mention the gastronomic delights of the region!
The nearest airports with international connections are Nimes, Montpellier and Avignon and a little further, Marseilles. The TGV train passes through Avignon, Nimes and Montpellier and the road network is at the crossroads of the French Mediterranean providing access to southern France, Spain and Italy.