This is a traditional stone townhouse in the centre of the fabulous medieval market town of Pezenas, to the west of Montpellier in the Languedoc. This 4 storey property (not including the cellars in the basement) is well maintained and presented throughout and has been more recently used as an income generating holiday rental property.
The set up of the 2 room deep house offers generous accommodation either as a primary or secondary residence with double French doors with wooden shutters providing light and airy front rooms and spacious rear quarters. The easily accessible garage offering parking space for 2 cars and storage space is a feature which is rarely found in this location.
The property comprises:
- Spacious garage with parking for 2 cars and storage space.
- Cellars at basement level
- Accessed by a traditional Languedocian staircase, there is a light and airy open plan fitted kitchen, dining area and lounge with full length French windows opening onto a balcony large enough for a table and chairs.
- Interior French doors leading to another room with the original Languedocian floor tiles, currently used as bedroom, but could be study/bureau.
- Seperate WC, bidet and wash basin.
- 2 bedrooms, one with marble fireplace and full length French windows opening onto a small balcony.
- Shower room with wash basin and WC
- A magnificent partly converted loft with terracotta floor tiles, exposed stone walls and a beautiful 20ft high beamed ceiling. There is a huge potential for further development at the rear of this loft space.
The property is heated by electric heaters in all the main living areas.
The property is situated in the heart of Pezenas, famous for being the home of the famous Playwright Moliere and also a very beautiful medieval market town and an artists’ haven. There is an outstanding array of historic buildings, with areas of XVI & XVII century architecture,
The town, which has a fabulous Saturday morning market throughout the year,also has numerous bars and restaurants; a variety of clothing shops and antique showrooms; art and craft shops in the medieval quarter (in which many buildings have been restored to their former glory). There are also several wonderful boulangeries within a couple of minutes walk from the house!
Pezenas also has its own Cave Co-operative and is an ideal base for exploring the beautiful winemaking Languedoc region with its diverse landscapes and multitude of sporting activities.
Local attractions include Montpellier, Cap d’Agde and the coastal beaches and marinas, Beziers, Clermont L’Herault, Le Lac du Salagou and Saint Guilhem-le-Désert whilst a little further afield there is easy access to Nimes, Carcassonne, Perpignan and the Pyrénées mountains.
Getting there: Pezenas is a 10 minute drive from the A9 autoroute between Montpellier and Spain and the TGV train link brings you to Montpellier and Narbonne. Nearset airports include Montpellier, Beziers, Nimes and Carcassonne.